As it is now July, I thought I would post an update on my first six months of reading in 2016. To achieve my goal, ideally I would have completed twelve books at this point in the year, although I’m not too annoyed with myself. I think eight completed books and two currently reading is still a great mid-point, considering that the first six months of this challenge were also my last semester of university! Although I did not read books cover to cover for my dissertation, if I added together the total pages of chapters, extracts and journal articles that I did read, I would be well on my way to completing the challenge!
Here are the books I have read so far this year in the order at which I finished them:
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair – C.S Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle – C.S Lewis
- Career of Evil – Robert Galbraith
- Call the Midwife – Jennifer Worth
- Make Gentle the Light of the this World – Robert F. Kennedy
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs
- A Gathering of Shadows – V. E. Schwab
- Blacklands – Belinda Bauer
At the moment I am currently reading:
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K Rowling
- Tom’s Midnight Garden by Philippa Pearce
In all honestly I should be at ten books by now, but for some reason I’m getting through Prisoner of Azkaban unusually slowly! But like I mentioned before, I’m not too dispirited because I worked hard this last semester, and will be graduating with an amazing grade as a result of that.
I only have a few books on my TBR at the moment, but I am moving home this week so I will have easier access to my collection. Any recommendations for things to read in the second half of my challenge would be appreciated, and happy reading!